Mohan Gandhe , president of Late M D Gandhe Memorial Education Society is in the education sector since more than 25 years . Hundreds of his students have qualified as CA , CS , CWA & MBA etc and are occupying high positions in industry . Under his thoughtful leadership the Gandhe group of institutions is now catering to more than 5000 students from School , Junior College , Senior College , Professional education like- CA , CS , CWA , MBA etc.
1. Can you Tell us about Current Trends in Management Education ?
Management education today has become more practical oriented . There is a greater stress on research projects , presentation skills & students are made to understand the concepts through group discussion , role play method and case studies etc. The curriculum coverage has increased. The dynamics of micro and macro environment are part and parcel of new management education.
2. Can you share some interesting facts about your institute which will excite our readers ?
Along with academic sojourn , we take every activity with due seriousness for all round development of the students . The various events such as freshers day , sports week , annual day function , NSS camps , industrial tours , research projects , seminars and conferences are conducted , which gels the students and creates a bond among est them and institute.
3. What is Vision and Mission of Your Institute ?
- To create knowledge based educational environment.
- To help students to fully develop professional abilities.
- To create sense of responsibility among the students.
- To inculcate ethical values among the students.
- To provide quality academic programme in the field of Commerce, Information Technology & Management through dynamic professionalism.
- To provide learning opportunities beyond academics to help students to adapt to the changing global needs.
- To develop faculty as friend, philosopher & guide who can collaborate with students & push them beyond their limits.
- To develop an educational infrastructure which provides sophisticated teaching aids & follows the best teaching practices.
- To promote rich moral & ethical values to help students become responsible citizen and caring human beings.
4. How your institute is unique in terms of Courses, Curriculum ?
We have all possible courses in Commerce stream – BCOM , BCOM (Computer Application) , BBA , PGDCCA & MCM . Our academic session starts from day one and continues till the student appears for his final examination. Extensive package of programmes to support the academics like research projects , educational tours , training with industries make the teaching learning process much interesting . We have our own study modules prepared as per the University curriculum.
5. What do you see in prospective students while offering admission ?
– Aptitude and attitude of the students.
– Past record in academics , co-curricular and extra curricular activities .
– Willingness to learn
6. What is your view about placements after completion of the course ?
Placement opportunities are abundant for fresh graduates . Graduates like BCOM , BCCA , BBA , are preferred by multinationals , IT companies , banks and insurance companies as they can be easily updated as per objectives of the organisation. There stability with the organisation is longer than post graduates . Further the companies are also offering them opportunity to pursue MBA while on job.
7. What advice you would like to offer to MBA Graduates/ Working professionals / Students ?
– The students must get themselves updated with latest information on technology & legal aspects of business.
– Keep abreast with new trends in the trade and commerce.
– Continuous improvement in presentation skills.
– Art of working in group & understanding group dynamics.